Favuzzi's Arugula Pesto with Lemon EVOO
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 150 g arugula
- 6 tbsp grated parmesan (or half parmesan, half pecorino)
- ½ cup pine nuts (or shelled almonds, or half of each)
- 150 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 50 ml Favuzzi Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 small garlic clove (optional)
- A pinch of salt
- Wash and dry the arugula.
- In a blender, combine the arugula, the moderate oil, the pine nuts, the cheese, and the garlic.
- Mix well, until creamy, thick, and fairly smooth.
- Add the lemon oil with a pinch of salt, then blend with a spoon until the oil and the pesto are thoroughly combined.
- Serve with well-drained al dente pasta: add the arugula pesto directly to the pot with the drained pasta, without warming it.
- This pesto will keep in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
(If you must freeze the pesto, omit the cheese; add it only after the pesto has thawed out and is ready for use.)
This recipe is from Famiglia Favuzzi Fine Foods.